The causes of optical fiber cable line failure can be roughly divided into four categories: external factors, natural disasters, optical fiber cable defects, and human factors.
1. The optical fiber cable line fault caused by external factors
(1) External force excavation: deal with the fault caused by the excavation of the excavator. Open the manhole near the fault point to check whether the optical fiber cable is damaged in the manhole, and conduct two-way test to interrupt the optical cable
(2) Vehicle hanging up: when dealing with vehicle hanging failure, the optical fiber cable at the fault point shall be tested in both directions to confirm the number of optical fiber cable blocking points, and then targeted treatment shall be carried out.
2. The optical fiber cable line fault caused by natural disasters
Rat bite and bird peck, fire, flood, gale, ice, lightning, electric shock
3. The optical fiber cable line failure caused by the fiber cable itself
(1) Natural fiber breakage: Since the optical fiber cable is drawn from glass and plastic fibers, it is relatively fragile, and static fatigue will occur over time, and the gradual aging of the optical fiber cable will lead to natural fiber breakage. Or the splice box is flooded, resulting in increased fiber loss or even fiber breakage.
(2) Effect of ambient temperature: If the temperature is too low, the water in the splice box will freeze, the cable sheath will shrink longitudinally, and the pressure on the optical fiber cable will cause micro-bending, which will increase the attenuation or interrupt the optical fiber cable. If the temperature is too high, it is easy to damage the fiber cable sheath and other protective materials and affect the characteristics of the optical fiber.
4. The optical fiber cable line faults caused by human factors
(1) Work failure: Human failure caused by technicians in maintenance, installation, and other activities. For example, when the optical fiber cable is connected, the optical fiber is scratched, the bending radius of the optical fiber is too small; the running optical fiber cable is cut off by mistake when the optical fiber is spliced; Broken fiber.
(2) Stealing: criminals steal and cut the optical fiber cable, causing the optical fiber cable to be blocked.
(3) Destruction: Man-made sabotage, causing the cable to be blocked.